Skipping Hearts, Arrhythmia Support Forums

Comments posted by users on this Website are made by individuals and reflect the userís personal opinions and NOT those of Skipping Hearts. You should not act on any advice or opinion posted on this Website. Instead, always check with your physician before taking any action as it pertains to your health. Skipping Hearts makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding the use or the results of this Website in terms of its correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. Skipping Hearts does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Website.
Join us!
We're a community of people with arrhythmias, providing knowledge, friendship and support as we all learn to manage and cope with and even settle our palpitating hearts. Joining the community is free, quick and easy. Help is just a few minutes away...
Old 05-26-2010, 11:30 PM

gillespiefive is on a distinguished road
Bad night...bubble feeling in heart

My time is due. I'm just complaining and feeling sorry for myself. I noticed this afternoon I started having occasional PVC's and thought to myself, " I wonder if their starting again?" Sure enough , this evening I've had a few HUGE scary ones. I HATE THESE THINGS!!!
I had what I think was a few in a row, which made it feel like my heart was having a seizure or something. Right after that, it felt like I had a huge air bubble in my heart or chest. It was odd. It only lasted a minute or two, and I think I've felt that sensation before. Who knows....has anyone else ever felt a similar sensation? I know it sounds bizarre. Thanks for letting me vent...i hope to make it thru the night ):
Old 05-27-2010, 01:02 AM

poohbear2026 is on a distinguished road
Hi, I am sorry to you are having a bad night too. I have had times when mine felt something like yours. It is scary but you should be okay.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:52 AM

mnm1207 is on a distinguished road
I feel the same! I just got through saying that I haven't had an a big attack in over 2 months. Of course I jinxed myself cause last night was horrible. My heart was racing over 160. The best thing I do is sit in front of a fan a drink orange juice, I swear it works! I have never had the bubble feeling though. Hope you feel better!
Old 05-29-2010, 04:40 PM
Supporter

Susie is on a distinguished road
I swear, it seems to me that everytime I think I am doing better and say so, they come back, almost right away, so weird.

I think that "bubble" could have been gas. Now, I know that sounds strange, but it is true. I have a friend who gets that feeling, and when they pass gas, it goes away. Gas around the heart can also cause the "flutters"

Maria, maybe the reason the orange juice helps to calm your heart is because you have low blood sugar, and the juice is bringing it back up. I know that having too low of a blood sugar can sometimes cause very fast heart rate, and when it gets up to normal, the heart settles down.

Hugs to all
Susie
Old 05-31-2010, 05:30 PM

Kate is on a distinguished road
Have any of you guys caught this on the monitor... it feels like my heart stops during the bubble like moment. It's like a PVC pause that has hangtime. Sometimes it happens every fifth beat or so for a couple of minutes. Hope things are better.