Skipping Hearts, Arrhythmia Support Forums

Comments posted by users on this Website are made by individuals and reflect the userís personal opinions and NOT those of Skipping Hearts. You should not act on any advice or opinion posted on this Website. Instead, always check with your physician before taking any action as it pertains to your health. Skipping Hearts makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding the use or the results of this Website in terms of its correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. Skipping Hearts does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Website.
Join us!
We're a community of people with arrhythmias, providing knowledge, friendship and support as we all learn to manage and cope with and even settle our palpitating hearts. Joining the community is free, quick and easy. Help is just a few minutes away...
Old 04-15-2012, 11:44 PM

Journal Entries: 20
Veestarlet is on a distinguished road
Extremely painful PVCs

I'm noticing that as my PVCs increase in number.... There are times when the thumps are painful. A sharp stabbing kind of pain with each PVC. Any ideas why it would be painful? Could this be a sign of something else?
Old 04-16-2012, 01:34 PM

Drin11 is on a distinguished road
I'm wondering the same about mine. I have been experiencing left upper back pain, a dull ache that runs down my left arm and sometimes my right, jaw pain ect. My cardiologist says that PVCs can definitely cause pain because it is a muscle and like any muscle can become painful if "overworked" but is still totally fine. Also if your heart is really thumping it can sort of hit your chest wall causing pain once again uncomfortable, scary but fine. However, I have yet to have enough tests (in my opinion) to feel confidant with the fact that ANY pain in that general area is ok with me but if it makes you feel better my cardiologist says it fine. And I do have to remind myself that I've been having these pains for weeks now if not months and my ticker is still ticking so maybe I should believe my doctor ;-)
Old 04-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Supporter

Journal Entries: 11
DaniRae will become famous soon enough DaniRae will become famous soon enough
I have more constant pain, have had it for a year now, left side where you would like the heart is... My doc told me it was not heart pain at all. Who knows but I know us high anxiety people truly can have psychosamatic pain. And our own anxiety can cause our muscles to spasm and tighten without us even realizing it. Can be very scary though
Old 04-16-2012, 04:57 PM
Supporter

Journal Entries: 1
mairegra will become famous soon enough
If the pain was new and hadn't been checked out I would go to the ER. I happened to be having chest pain with PVCs when I was at my doctor's office on a routine visit last Nov.. The doctor immediately called her Cardiologist and he asked to meet me in the ER. She had one of her back office staff drive me there. The Cardio admitted me over night and did a stress test the next day. Everything checked out fine and he discharged me and follows up regularly. Don't want to be alarmist and I know we all like to be reassuring on here but none of us can make diagnoses and I would say although you are probably fine, better safe than sorry.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Supporter

Scoobydoo123 will become famous soon enough
Trooper V,

I don’t know you but I been having PVCs for 25 years and never have I had extreme pain in the same time I get PVCs. If this gets worse or persists, please go at the hospital and get it checked out.

This is where I would draw the line. I have a pretty high thresh hold for pain and for me to say “extreme” it would have to be pretty bad.

Compare your pain to a scale of 1 to 10 (0 like a mosquito bite 10 like the worst pain you have experience) if it’s a 5 and up and its with every PVC, I’d check it out like soon.

Scooby
Old 04-16-2012, 07:31 PM

Journal Entries: 20
Veestarlet is on a distinguished road
My next cardiologist appointment is the 25th. Today wasn't painful, only maybe once. But I was walking outside and felt like I was about to faint. Very scary. I'm sitting on the edge of my bed just thinking. I'm not even living!!!! I can't got ten whole minutes without checking my HR.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Supporter

Scoobydoo123 will become famous soon enough
Hmmmmmm…you know V.

Can you explain me why you check you heart rate? Does it make a difference with the PVCs?

Are you checking your HR to count or feel the PVCs or just the speed of your heart. If just checking your HR….why? you know between 60-100 bpm is consider normal.

Take it for 10 seconds and start counting with 0 and multiply the result by 10 ….it should give you the bpm for your heart.

Be strong trooper.

Scoob. 8)
Old 04-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Banned

fwilson is on a distinguished road
IT IS obviously a sign of something else. The question woul be WHAT.

A PVC, for all it is, is simply a mistimed heartbeat, and heartbeats don't hurt generally.