Skipping Hearts, Arrhythmia Support Forums

Comments posted by users on this Website are made by individuals and reflect the userís personal opinions and NOT those of Skipping Hearts. You should not act on any advice or opinion posted on this Website. Instead, always check with your physician before taking any action as it pertains to your health. Skipping Hearts makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding the use or the results of this Website in terms of its correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. Skipping Hearts does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Website.
Join us!
We're a community of people with arrhythmias, providing knowledge, friendship and support as we all learn to manage and cope with and even settle our palpitating hearts. Joining the community is free, quick and easy. Help is just a few minutes away...
Old 07-10-2009, 12:45 AM
Admin
Supporter

Journal Entries: 29
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Heart King of Hearts Monitor - Inside Info

On the very last day I had my first King of Hearts monitor I made a little video to help those who might be getting their first, too, so they aren't as nervous about what happens while it's on and how to make the whole experience as minimally stressful as possible. I'll post more later, but I wanted to put up a link to the video first:

Last edited by Jeff; 07-11-2009 at 09:13 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Admin
Supporter

Journal Entries: 29
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Some other things that would have made my experience with the event monitor a little easier -

• If someone had told me that the flashing "signal" icon on the screen was not in fact flashing in time with my heart. If that's flashing it simply means the device is picking up a good signal. If it stops flashing, it's no longer picking up a good signal.
  • They gave me two extra sets of batteries. To wear that thing for a month straight you need about 6 sets of batteries.
  • The sound the King of Hearts emits when it's transmitting it's signal over the phone lines is awful - it sounds like your heart is all over the place, even when it's not. It sounds like Yoko Ono singing. It got to the point that I had to leave the room whenever I was transmitting EKG strips and just come back at the end so I could talk to the nurse.
  • The nurses usually aren't supposed to tell you what they're seeing, but sometimes they will. This can be a double-edged sword, as most times I got a lot of reassurance from the nurses when I could coax info out of them, but one time the computer analysis of the EKG determined one of my episodes to be Vtach. And that's what the nurse told me. I was a basket case for the entire next day.
  • The adhesive patches can really get to irritating your skin. By the end of the month my chest was a mess - but I didn't use any moisturizers or anything.
  • By the end of the month you'll be ready to throw your King of Hearts event monitor out the window.

Tags
heart monitor , king of hearts monitor