Skipping Hearts, Arrhythmia Support Forums

Comments posted by users on this Website are made by individuals and reflect the userís personal opinions and NOT those of Skipping Hearts. You should not act on any advice or opinion posted on this Website. Instead, always check with your physician before taking any action as it pertains to your health. Skipping Hearts makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding the use or the results of this Website in terms of its correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. Skipping Hearts does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Website.
Join us!
We're a community of people with arrhythmias, providing knowledge, friendship and support as we all learn to manage and cope with and even settle our palpitating hearts. Joining the community is free, quick and easy. Help is just a few minutes away...
Old 03-04-2012, 05:10 PM

Journal Entries: 1
Jampot1084 is on a distinguished road
Are thousands of pvcs a day really ok??

I just worked out that on a good day I am getting about 10 a min adding up to over 14thousand a day is this really ok
Old 03-04-2012, 05:48 PM

TYK is on a distinguished road
What I read in another post if they are benign they are benign weather you have 1 or 10,000. In fact one of the physicians I know told me he had a lady that threw 10,000 a day and she didn't even know it.
I asked him what he did for her and he told me nothing. I hope this helps. I know exactly how you are feeling. Prayers for you....
Old 03-04-2012, 07:26 PM

Journal Entries: 1
jkfrench has a spectacular aura about jkfrench has a spectacular aura about
Yes, I agree with TYK. If your doctor tells you that you are okay, then it doesn't matter if you have 1 or 10,000. I had a bad episode 2 years ago while sitting in church. I called the doctor when I got home and this is also exactly what he said. The number doesn't matter if your heart is structurally sound. When is the last time you wore your holter? Do you feel them in your chest or upper abdomen? I feel them in both places but the ones in my upper abdomen take my breath away so I really hate those.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:13 PM

Journal Entries: 20
Veestarlet is on a distinguished road
I was just at the cardiologist last week and I was so nervous and asking so Many questions.... He was doing everything to try and ease my mind. He had an EKG sitting on his desk... And without showing me personal info etc,,, he held it up and pointed out that the person had 7 PVCs a minute. And then told me that the patient was unaware and didn't even feel them! For us, we feel them so they drive us nuts! Heck, I'm having them right now as I type.
Of doc days you're ok then try your best to keep telling yourself that.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:42 AM
Supporter

Journal Entries: 18
CMoore416 will become famous soon enough
Did you have that many on a Holter? Maybe you can wear one again and then when they capture that many you can then hbe the reassurance if they say all is well! I'm rely sorry you are Feeling bad. I was having that many a minute but it wouldn't last 24 hours. Usually 2-5 hours then stop. Hoping things get better for you.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:27 AM

Journal Entries: 8
ctcsmith is on a distinguished road
my cardio has a patient that gas them everyother beat... still not concerned
Old 03-05-2012, 10:17 AM

RVV is on a distinguished road
Thousands of PVCs a day are OK in most people. Studies show that people with very frequent and complex ventricular ectopy tend to have an excellent long term prognosis.However, extremely frequent PVCs, like over 20-25 thousand a day, can over time, cause you to develop cardiomyopathy. Therefore, people with such a frequent ectopy should get an echo once every few years to check for heart enlargement and RV dysfunction. Nevertheless, some people can have this amount of PVCs for many years without it effecting their hearts at all. Its individual.

I think that if you have that many PVCs on a daily basis and are symptomatic, you should seek treatment. Quality of life is an important consideration and if yours suffers greatly as a result of frequent symptomatic PVCs, it is appropriate to undertake measures to improve it. The goal of the treatment should be the reduction of symptoms or suppression of PVCs. In some individuals tricyclic antidepressants or SSRIs can reduce the sensation of PVCs or reduce their frequency. In others, benzos like Xanax and Ativan, can be helpful in improving your quality of life. If that therapy fails, ablation can be attempted. ablation can be curative in some people, as it can completely eliminate all of your PVCs.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Supporter

Journal Entries: 11
DaniRae will become famous soon enough DaniRae will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVV View Post
Thousands of PVCs a day are OK in most people. Studies show that people with very frequent and complex ventricular ectopy tend to have an excellent long term prognosis.However, extremely frequent PVCs, like over 20-25 thousand a day, can over time, cause you to develop cardiomyopathy. Therefore, people with such a frequent ectopy should get an echo once every few years to check for heart enlargement and RV dysfunction. Nevertheless, some people can have this amount of PVCs for many years without it effecting their hearts at all. Its individual.

I think that if you have that many PVCs on a daily basis and are symptomatic, you should seek treatment. Quality of life is an important consideration and if yours suffers greatly as a result of frequent symptomatic PVCs, it is appropriate to undertake measures to improve it. The goal of the treatment should be the reduction of symptoms or suppression of PVCs. In some individuals tricyclic antidepressants or SSRIs can reduce the sensation of PVCs or reduce their frequency. In others, benzos like Xanax and Ativan, can be helpful in improving your quality of life. If that therapy fails, ablation can be attempted. ablation can be curative in some people, as it can completely eliminate all of your PVCs.
I have heard that ablation with PVCs is not usually that successful but it maybe worth a try if someone is having that many. My father has been taking Metroporal and his PVCs have reduced quite a bit. He is taking the meds for BP though and not for the PVCs, he could care less about them lol